Training "Placemaking in theory & practice"
Amsterdam, 17 and 18 October 2019
We are very pleased to announce the two-day Placemaking training program this fall. During the Training 'Placemaking' various questions and practical examples are discussed of urbanism & placemaking to understand its how and why. The Training takes place from 17th October Thursday to 18th October Friday in Amsterdam.
Below a brief description of the Training offer; what can you expect and how to approach a case with practical examples. Immerse yourself in this two day area development, urbanism and placemaking world, get inspired by examples, meet our network and increase your knowledge at different levels. Participation in this Training is 695, - euro excluding VAT, early bird 595,- euro excluding VAT (order before 20 September, 2019), students 150,- euro excluding VAT. You can register now by clicking here or send an e-mail via: email@example.com
Day 1: From livable to lovable: 'Lovable Placemanagement teams and networks'
- Why and how do you start with Placemaking?
- What influence does Placemaking have on the design and in doing so on your planning?
- How do you reach the right parties and how do you make long lasting contact?
- What is a Place Game?
- Why, how and when do you form a Place Management Team and a coalition and what are the differences?
- What have we learned from each other in practice (practice example Schalkwijk, Haarlem)
- What do we mean by 'Quick wins' in placemaking?
- How does the 10 out of 10 approach work, also called 'The Power of 10'?
- New tools of participation like Virtual reality.
Day 2: Lovable streets, public squares and markets
- What happens on the street? What opportunities do Placemakers see and how do they bring that to the attention?
- How can you act from your field to involve placemaking (developer, housing corporation, municipality) and then involve your target group (create impact and expand)
- Which techniques can you apply?
- What are the consequences for the budget and how do you deal with this?
Are you a student? Do you want to be a part of the Placemaking training in Amsterdam?
We invite motivations from students, 150 - 200 words regarding why do they want to attend the Placemaking training and how can it help focus their career and studies thereafter. You can go creative and also send us a concept image. The submission has to be one A4 with text and image, your choice and decision. The best entry wins a ticket for free for the 2 days training on Placemaking in the heart of Amsterdam (group of 30 participants in total including people from municipalities, entrepreneurs, managers, etc.). Last date of sending your entry is 20th September, 2019. Looking forward to the responses. We offer a ticket for 150,- Euros excluding VAT, to all the other non winning entries.
Date: Thursday 17 October / Friday 18 October
Time - Day 1: 9:00 - 17:30 (18.30 Dinner and Excursion) // Day 2: 9.00 - 17.00
Location - Floor 6, Ruijterkade 107-6 in Amsterdam
More information - Also keep an eye on our Facebook event here
Please note that the training is only offered in Dutch!